Links and References
The site was completely compiled and written by slagcoin. Unique information from other sources is noted. All images were photographed or drawn by the author of this page except where noted otherwise.
Here is a list of links relevant to arcade joystick controllers and this site:
- Sanwa: The most popular arcade joystick and button producer based in Japan.
- Seimitsu: The second most popular arcade joystick and button producer based in Japan.
- Happ: The most popular arcade joystick and button producer in the United States.
- Suzo: Popular arcade joystick and button producer in Europe.
- Industrias Lorenzo S.A.: Popular arcade joystick and button producer in Europe.
- TaeYoung: Popular arcade joystick and button producer in Korea.
- Ultimarc: Small producer of unique joysticks and PCBs in Japan.
- Groovy Game Gear: Small producer of unique PCBs and mods and parts vendor in the United States.
- Lizard Lick Amusements: Arcade parts vendor located in the United States.
- Akihabara Shop: English-speaking arcade parts vendor located in Japan run by TheRealNeoGeo.
- Gremlin Solutions: Arcade parts vendor located in the United Kingdom.
- Arcade Shop: Arcade parts vendor located in Germany.
- Hori: Varying quality joystick controller producer.
- Arcade-in-a-Box: Custom quality controller producer.
- Woodcraft: Woodworking retailer in the United States.
- Rockler: Woodworking retailer in the United States.
- Electronics123: Dirt cheap specialty electronics vendor in the United States.
- Digi-Key: Vendor of specialty electronics in many areas of the world.
- McMaster-Carr: Vendor of many parts in the United States.
- Harbor Freight: Dirt cheap tools vendor in the United States.
- Byrdo: High quality individual joystick controller maker.
- Arcade Controls: Extensive arcade building information site.
- Shoryuken: Extensive fighting games related site with lots of hardware input.
- kowal: Polish arcade joystick information site with many joystick reviews.
- Joystick Vault: Gallery-based site with a ton of great images of custom joysticks.
- SD Tekken: Site by Markman with deep controller and converter reviews.
- Toodles: Fan of joysticks and modification who offers some PCB-related products.
To close, I'd like to give special thanks to:
- Paik (Paik4Life) for his Sanwa and Seimitsu FAQ, some of the specs he has given, his eagerness to help answer questions, and the sharing of some of his designs.
- kowal for his website that is informative despite the fact that I can read very little of it.
- TheRealNeoGeo for his eagerness to help answer questions, his info on tweaking devices, and being a great merchant.
- Byrdo for the designs shown on his website and taking design to a new level.
- TMO (Timoe) for the sharing of many of his designs like great cases, routing for the buttons, cutting and a project box for the PCB, acrylic glass on the bottom of the controller box, and general high quality.
- Toodles for his commitment to understanding and explaining controller electronics and his pursuit of the perfect PCB (which is currently pretty close).
The best way to learn is with some guidance, and these guys probably also had their own thanks to give along the way.
Some other thanks go to:
- Jaxel / Crooked Jester for assistance with the Hori classic layout.
- TheRealNeoGeo for a great image of the Vewlix panel.
- Toodles for explaining the function of variable resistors and a technique for removing all analog sticks using only two resistors.
© 2008-2009 slagcoin